Monday, October 14, 2013

Design the Bucket.

We begin designing our Bucket.
We found that actually the Bucket problem is a 2 dimensional problem.
So Adi draw the UML for the whole structure, which is very helpful.

We are using linked list at first, but I found that the user is using string for searching. we have to compare the String every time we add or remove the node.

I write down the process for some important method to ensure that our plan will work fine, and it seems also be very useful for the implement team. I actually found some problems by doing this.

The linked list might be to slow for the whole process. So we decided to change it to Tree. Adi did a great job that he draw the new UML very fast.
The program might be a little complex than using linked list, but I believe the speed will be much faster.

I'm still asking the team if we should use Binary Search Tree, I think we can use "strcmp" to decide the node goes left or right.  But I'm not that sure. I never tried to use string as the ID in the tree structure.

We still need to write down the schedule and fill the API page tonight. Good luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment