Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Subordinate Assignment

For this time, our team had a lot of discussion on Piazza.
We document the discussion to wiki, and it become a quite useful plan.
I think anyone can understand it well. It's quit a nice design, I think.

For me, this assignment is quite a good practice.

I'm leading a indie game team that almost all members are from internet that I never met before. We are in different time zone and different area. We use some instance message software for communication, but I found that is easy to lose our discussion record. Sometimes good idea just lost, because document the message history of the instance message software is painful.

Now I'm planning to use wiki, or other similar things, like a forum. People intended to post formally by using those.

A thing I hate about is that google site is blocked by Chinese government, my team members from China can't use that, I have to found a better way.

A thing in the global software development that easy to be underestimated is the communication cost. I always found myself spending a lot of time talking and writing to the team, and they sometimes still not understand me very well. Finally, I have to do those things myself.

I hope this issue will be solved, or at least be better, after I start using wiki and forum just like what we did in class.

No comments:

Post a Comment